Thursday 27 December 2007

ARE YOU A HARDCORE COLLECTOR?

COLLECTOR

Speaking about collecting stuff as a hobby, all of us have gone through that stage ever since we were a kid. Some will collect stamps, coins, currencies or even figurines ranging from Pokemon, Star Wars and many other Disney’s collectables. Some will even carry on with the interest even when they have grown up to be adults. I for sure am one of them.

Do you still remember the most loved and played Hornby trainset where you can join up different tracks and create nice sceneries with it? It really brought back many fond memories for me and my Dad. I was 3 years old then. I still keep part of the Hornby Collectables, namely the Duchess Class Locomotive with tracks and an over bridge proudly displayed in our showcase.

My Mum on the other hand could not get enough of the Wade Collectables. She loves to collect all those nice Wade ceramic figurines and plates from Whimsies to Felix Wade. One of her latest collection is the limited edition of the Wade Easter Bunny and it comes with a certificate too. These are of course displayed in the family showcase as well.

As for me, I would love to get my hands on limited edition or antique collectables. I still have my pearl white sport car displayed in my own showcase. There are only about less than 250 pieces in the world. I also have a huge collection of Disney characters in my possession as well as originals Japanese Anime DVDs. On and off, I would search for Antique Blog online to check on latest offers in the market. If I am lucky, I would get some good items to add to my existing collections.

Collecting items can be fun and interesting. Who knows? It might be a good investment after all for the future.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin