Thursday 29 November 2007

MEMOIR OF A ROMANCE BY THE BEACH

SANDSHELL

Flames from the campfire flickered and the shadows danced,
My love and I were romantically entranced,
Waves from the energetic sea lapping on the sand,
Serenaded us like an orchestra band,
Gentle breeze caressed our young faces,
Brought us closer to more embraces,
This idyllic, romantic setting,
Quickened our hearts’ beating,
Sweet whisperings greeting each glance,
As we were totally lost in romance.

Those were the days of my childhood romance that brought back many fond memories. Life was so care free then. There were no worries, stresses or pressures of whatsoever to enable both of us lovingly embraced each other at all the time. Time changed, needs changed, circumstances changed that resulted us to go our separate ways to seek our own life’s goal. But love never dies, as fate has its own plans in hand. The love was too strong to be unbounded by our distance, barriers and commitments in life.

A butterfly may fly off through the softly blown wind but it will still come back to the ground where it has found filled with rich lovely flowers. Love is like the butterfly. The more you chase it, the more it eludes you. If you just let it fly, it will come to you when you least expect it. I am glad I still have my love with me through all ups and down in our lives.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin