Friday 16 November 2007

CAN SEE BUT CANNOT DOWNLOAD – YOU SURE?

I immediately fell in love with this “How The Cat Wakes You Up In The Morning!” video in YouTube but the problem is that I cannot download the animation for my own collection. The only way I can keep it is by embedding it into my blog.

It was said that “curiosity kills the cat”. I did not die from my curiosity to find out more by searching all over the internet for the ultimate solution. In fact, I gained more knowledge on the online file conversion. I found www.vixy.net. This service allows me to convert a Flash Video / FLV file (YouTube's videos, etc) to MPEG4 (AVI/MOV/MP4/MP3/3GP) file online. It is using a compressed domain transcoder technology. It converts FLV to MPEG4 faster and more accurate than most transcoder.

Converting a YouTube movie to the format of your choice is as easy as ABC. Here are the few simple steps:

VIXY01

1. Open up http://vixy.net and select the format you want.

2. Open up the YouTube video that you would want to download. For my case, it is “How The Cat Wakes You Up In The Morning!” Click on “Share” below the video. It will show a link (URL).

3. Copy the URL and paste it into the blank column in VIXY and press “Start”.

4. Upon completion, a pop up menu will be shown. Click on “Save to disc”.

5. Congratulation…you have downloaded your favorite video.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's cool. I don't know what software hubby uses to convert youtube videos to regular video files to put into his ipod but I'm guessing it's something similar.
Glad you liked the cat video :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the laugh! That cat video had me chuckling the whole way through and anyone who owns a cat can relate!

Best Wishes,
Zathyn Priest

Blog Widget by LinkWithin