Tuesday 16 October 2007

BUDGET MEAL: SERIES #1

Since I came out on the article on frugality, I have decided to launch a new project of getting the best food with the least amount of money spent. Nowadays, with the price of everything shooting up (except the salary...hehe), eating out could be rather expensive. Some simple meals can be prepared with a small budget of RM10or even less. The best part is, it can serve 2 persons for 2 meals. In this project, I am going to introduce to you a few simple and economical ways to budget on your food consumption. It would not take long to prepare too.

WELCOME TO THE FIRST EVER BUDGET MEAL PROJECT
RM10 budget for 2 persons for 2 meals


DISH 1: PORK STEW

FOOD01B

DISH 2: SPICY TAMARIND POTATO WITH BABY ANCHOVIES

FOOD01C

ESTIMATED COSTING FOR INGREDIENTS:

FOOD01A
The food in the photo consist the portion for one person per meal only

RICE: RM1 (enough to serve 4 persons)

PORK STEW:
Pork: RM2
Onio: 20sen
Potatoes: 50sen
Carrot: 30sen
Tomatoes: 20sen
Miscellaneous (pepper, soy sauce, sesame oil, oil, salt, sugar): 50sen

SPICY TAMARIND POTATO WITH BABY ANCHOVIES:
Baby anchovies: 50sen
Potatoes: RM1.50
Chilly Paste: 30sen
Tamarind: 30sen
Miscellaneous (soy sauce, dark sauce, oil, salt, sugar): 50sen

TOTAL AMOUNT SPENT: RM7.80

Note: All amount stated will be based on the proportion used in the cooking.

8 comments:

JPP Papa said...

wahhhhh so cheap... that pork thing already cost how much in our place.. but nothing beats own cooking. :)

I just wish there's a way to lessen baby milks :(

Anonymous said...

hehe!! good one Criz! Looks so tasty... I haven't had stew in a while... I look forward to more of this series :)

Dexter said...

wor... yummy~

oh ya... since u dun hav cbox...

I TAG u~~~ hahaha....

Anonymous said...

It's really cheap, but you didn't teach us how to cook them..

conan_cat said...

wah really cheap lo! yurp i must agree that there's no cheaper food than cooking yourself, but hell i can't cook!! XD darn! haha... but good lo really can save money P

CRIZ LAI said...

papajoneh: how I wished too for your sake. One baby's milk is already enough and you are having twins **sweat**

bell: start cooking.. haha. Thanks for the support always :)

dex: when are you cooking then? I don't want fried rice ok?? haha. Tag? I do not do tags anymore. Sorry!

yung: thanks for popping by. maybe i'll consider putting in the recipes. I just don't have the time to pen all down. My style of cooking is impromptu. See what, cook what. I don't refer to cook books.. haha

conancat: you sure you can't cook? Indomie Goreng with egg on top also can't? LOL

gracieq said...

Sob! Looks like I got to take up a few tips on this budget meal thing. My salary is not enough to sustain me in KL!

zewt said...

now this is good.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin