Friday 11 May 2007

HEALTHY FOOD FOR DINNER

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Pitter patter…pitter patter…It was raining heavily outside and I felt rather dizzy to go out to get my dinner. Moreover, I’m down with a fever and to get drenched means I’ll be in worst condition than I’m in now. Finally, I have decided to make do with what I have left in my refrigerator. I ended up making apple salad. The ingredients are shown as below:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Ingredients:
2 green apples (cut into thin slices)
2 red apples (cut into thin slices)
1 large carrot (diced and boiled)
3 pcs of chicken ham (cut into 1” strips)
200 gms of canned pineapple (diced)
100 gms of mixed raisins
150 gms of walnut (break into small pieces – leave some for topping)

Dressing:
7 Tsp mayonnaise (Lady’s Choice)
2 Tsp milk powder
3 Tsp water
Some pepper
Some Italian Mixed Herbs
Pinch of salt

Mix all the ingredients in a large container. Whip the dressing in a bowl thoroughly before pouring into the container. Stir well. Place the mixed fruit into a large bowl. Chill it for about 30 minutes. Sprinkle the balance walnut and some Italian Mixed Herbs before serving.

(Serves: 4)

10 comments:

skynaz said...

ooOO...d salad dress seems like taste superbs. Does d milk powder mix well with it?i dunno coz i dun really can take d milk in my meals..hehe!but i'm willing to try anything..d presentation was very good!..Criz kor, next time post some others temptatious dish ya..!Cheers

CRIZ LAI said...

Sky...I added milk powder because i'm still a baby...mentally :P

conan_cat said...

whoa, salad salad!! hadn't eat any home made salad since... forever? lol. i'm gonna try that out one day :D looks darn good!! try cook some other cool dish out too nxt time!

KiBiKiBi said...

Am amazed that you actually bothered to make the salad even though you're sick. If I were you I'd be so busy sleeping liaooo!

Admin said...

hmm... i prefer steak and beer

CRIZ LAI said...

conan_cat: I did cook many other dishes but din managed to take a shot...i'll do it next time :)

val: What to do...I'm a workaholic. Sick or no sick also hands always gatal lar...hehe

Ah Pek: too much red meat bad for your health lar... jaga lar yr cholesterol level...beer? I don wanna be a belly dancer lar :P

Anonymous said...

i can already imagine ah kor doing belly dancing la :P~ hahhaha

mmm...i dont eat raisins, nor do i eat boiled carrots (rather have it raw) n i hate pineapples. but i wanna eat..how? :P~

a n n n a said...

ur salad looks slurps! will try it one day. i normally add Mayonaise + condensed milk + lemon + herbs.

CRIZ LAI said...

djcarmen: no beer belly how to dance wor? aiya...all also u don eat?? Replace raisins with grapes, carrot need to boiled, ah kor no teeth eat..lol, pineapple u don eat mah put oranges lor...sour sour a bit good for "tai tou mui" mar :P

annna: pineapple is already sour a bit and "Lady's Choice" Mayonnaise is also sour enough. Tat's y I din put a squeeze of lemon juice. Moreover, it's a fruit salad. I rather maintain the original taste :)

braska said...

Is this by any chance the same apple salad that they have at the Bali Hai restaurant in San Diego?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin