Friday 19 October 2007

UNFORGETTABLE VEGETARIAN CUISINE EXPERIENCE

Every year during the first ninth day of the ninth month of the Chinese lunar calendar, the Chinese Buddhist will celebrate the return from heaven to earth of the Nine Emperor Gods’ spirits. Devotees will flock to the temples throughout the country for the nine days during this religious festival. At the same time, they will be on vegetarian diets.

Today is the ninth day of the celebration and it is also the birthday of Tao Bo Hood (also known as Ma Zu, Matsu, Da Mao, Tian Hou), the mother of the Nine Emperor Gods. She is the Chinese form of Buddhist Bodhisattva Avalokiteshvara. Sometimes she is known as the Thousand-Hand Guan Yin.

TAOBOHOOD


I went to pay my homage to Tao Bo Hood and at the same time had a wonderful experience with the different kinds of vegetarian dishes presented on the table during lunch. The different array of food and taste were amazing. I do not think that I would get such wonderful choices from any vegetarian restaurants that I have been to. Thanks to the contributions and culinary skills from each of the devotees that made my meal unforgettable. In fact, the taste of the food still lingers in my mouth now. Let me share some photos of the vegetarian food with you.

MIKOO

PICKLE

MUTTON

PERUT IKAN

FRIEDFISH

MIXEDVEGE

CRISPYDUCK

EGGS

CUBE

CHARSIEW

COLOURS

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cris!! All that food looks exquisitely delish!!!! Oh the pain and suffering I had to endure to finish reading your post!!! Haha! seriously looks good, especially the lemon fish... mmmmh!~

Anonymous said...

wa...that gu lai keh look very tasty... make me hungry only...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin